OneTouch UltraMini Glucose Monitoring System 1 ea

My main meter is a FreeStyle Flash, but I wanted an inexpensive, accurate meter I could keep in my desk drawer. The Ultra Mini, costing anywhere from $25 (list) to $15 (various places online) fills the bill. It's not really "mini", being long and narrow, almost twice the size of my Flash, but it's a lot smaller than many other meters. It doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, just the basics. No beeps, no computer interface; I don't need that for a backup anyway. What it does well is to give me an accurate reading. The test strips fill up fast, the sample needed is small,and you get readings in about 6 seconds on a nice, large display. I tested it against my Flash, and the readings were very close. (Full disclosure: I don't use the included lancet device, but a Bayer Vaculance that gives me great results when I test on my arm.)


You might want more information from your main meter, but as a desk-drawer convenience, this one is hard to beat.
OneTouch UltraMini Glucose Monitoring System 1 ea

No comments:

Post a Comment