Mucinex Kids Expectorant, Liquid Grape 4 fl oz

Mucinex for Kids is an expectorant to be used when a child has a cough. The Active ingredient in Mucinex is Guaifenesin (expectorant).

My son had a cough and his Doctor recommended this product every four hours for his symptoms. I used the adult version (a tablet) of this product with great success. It really helped get a good nights sleep.

I gave my son his first dose and after he drank it down he complained. He said it tastes disgusting. I told him to drink water to get the taste out of his mouth. Four hours later, it was time for another dose. He did not want to take it but gave in.

At this point, I wanted to see how bad it really did taste. UGH!!! What a mistake that was. The artificial grape flavor is so overwhelming, and it is disgustingly sweet. I put the ole readers on and read those tiny little words on the back of the bottle.

There are not one, but two different dyes added, flavor and sugar.

These products are for kids. Why do they have to add all the extra dyes and sugars. My child is not sensitive to dyes or sugar, but he now refuses to take this product because of the taste.

I would not make him continue taking Mucinex for Kids. After a few unsuccessful tries, he was finally able to swallow the tablet version down.

While the product does work really well, I have a hard time recommending it because of the additives. I will advise you to read the label carefully before administering it to your child, or ask your physician for a prescription for a pill.
Mucinex Kids Expectorant, Liquid Grape 4 fl oz

No comments:

Post a Comment